Nagios Docs in Nagios 3.3.1

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Tue Aug 23 13:56:05 CEST 2011

On 08/23/2011 10:17 AM, Mies, Christian wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I see, that the offline Documentation of Nagios is not part of the
> new release... Is it possible to change it again. Because a lot of
> Nagios Installations do not have access to the internet, but the docs
> will be nice to have on that systems.

It is, but we won't. The fact that the Nagios system isn't able to
access the 'net is irrelevant, really. The fact that the admin
managing the Nagios server is (almost) always able to do so is
what matters.

However, it wouldn't be hard to just tar the documentation up and
provide it as a separate downloadable tarball. You'll have to ask
Ethan about that though, as I don't have access to put up files
for download on nagios.org

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

on peace.