Do not launch a shell for each check

Michael Friedrich michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at
Wed Sep 29 17:15:03 CEST 2010

Hi,

Andreas Ericsson wrote:

> I'm reviewing some Nagios patches right now. Thanks for reminding me
> of this one. When Merlin goes feature-complete later today I'll have
> time to really dig in to the Nagios patches I've got brewing. I'll
> make sure to make this one of them and test it all to make sure it
> works properly.

We have slightly merged that with our own attempts in Icinga head, if
you want to check on that. One of the changes I've done to Matthieu's
patch was the change of checking the return value of pipe() -
http://linux.die.net/man/2/pipe
It should check against smaller than zero, not 1 - in case of failure in
pipe creation the error msg will never be shown, and no _exit() called
using it that way. Changing that will make the core bail out on pipe()
errors.

Kind regards,
Michael

--