CVS, SVN, and GIT - Oh My!

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Thu Oct 7 00:43:50 CEST 2010

On 10/06/2010 09:05 PM, Bernd Arnold wrote:

> Hi!
>
>> Ethan Galstad wrote:
>>
>> Does anyone have an objection from moving away from CVS for future
>> releases?
>>

> I prefer Git, of course. But when Git is no option, I like the idea
> moving to SVN. Git mirrors will exist too, won't they?

They already do. The problem is that it's not so easy for those of
us with commit access to send our git-tracked patches upstream, since
cvs support in git is nowhere near as good as that for svn.

With the core in subversion, me and Ton can still pull from other
peoples git repositories and have reorganizing and such done in
git before we ship them off to upstream, which will be a major
advantage for us.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

on peace.

http://p.sf.net/sfu/beautyoftheweb