[Nagios-users] significant bug in 3.2.2 - nagios.cfg -- execute_service_checks=0 completely ignored

Ethan Galstad egalstad at nagios.org
Mon Oct 4 05:17:38 CEST 2010

Andreas Ericsson wrote:
> On 10/01/2010 08:14 AM, Michael Friedrich wrote:
>> Stephen Gran wrote:

>>> The fix for this has already been checked into cvs.
>>>
>> Sure thing. But how to support the community (e.g. in IRC) by telling
>> them "delete sth in the code and then recompile". This remains a major
>> bug and should be fixed in a release soon. Also within already created
>> packages and so on.
>>

> How about "download the proposed fix from CVS and give that a go"?
>
> Since the fix awaits input from testers we can't very well release it
> immediately. You've tested it, so that makes one person. If a few more
> report that it's now working as intended without any downsides we'll
> probably go ahead and cut a release in the next few days, but releasing
> untested code that might break something else just to fix a bug isn't
> really good practice.
>
> I don't have access to hit the release-button yet, or I would probably
> do so for this particular bug.
>
>> If you require more test reports (as Tony stated on IRC that Ethan wants
>> that): The fix has been tested and debugged on Icinga Core, same
>> behavior, same bugfix, same successful tests. If needed, I'll clone
>> Andreas' GIT and run several tests against Nagios Core too, but since
>> the code in this regard is merely the same, putting that up to a release
>> should be no problem. But if you do think different, no offense taken.
>>

> Good enough for me.

Unless I missed it, I don't think I saw a response from anyone who had
tested the patch with success in the wild.

Automated testing is quite useful (kudos Ton and test case writers), but
to be honest, I don't really keeps tabs on the tinderbox build.  I'm
more used to yes/no/fail/pass acks from real people.

I'll cut 3.2.3 shortly to get the fix out to everyone.

Ethan Galstad
Father of Nagios
___
Email:  egalstad at nagios.org|com
Web:    www.nagios.com

Virtualization is moving to the mainstream and overtaking non-virtualized
environment for deploying applications. Does it make network security
easier or more difficult to achieve? Read this whitepaper to separate the
two and get a better understanding.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/hp-phase2-d2d