Nagios indentation

eponymous alias eponymousalias at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 19 16:35:18 CET 2010

> The nagios indentation has been discussed
> quite a few times, and once upon a time we
> agreed that it would be nifty if we could
> use a style that's supported by a program
> so contributors can auto-format their
> code before submitting it upstream.

> Unless someone complains before monday
> I'll add a Makefile target to indent the sources,
> run it once and then commit the results, with
> a note added so that future contributors know
> what to do to make their code conform to
> the standard.

While I agree on the objective of consistent
formatting, I think the timing of this change
is all wrong.  Patch contributors generally base
their changes on the last stable release, which
will remain with the old formatting.  Thus patches
will need to be manually re-hacked for the new
format if you make this change now.  Instead,
wait until immediately before the next stable
release, and make the change then, so everyone
starts with the same code base for further patches.

http://p.sf.net/sfu/msIE9-sfdev2dev