Solaris packing build...

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Fri Nov 12 12:57:13 CET 2010

On 11/02/2010 11:20 AM, lists wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> A little patch for Makefile.in so Solaris pgks build and a little
> checkinstall file.

I'm not all that hot on adding GMake'isms to the Makefile.
$(shell) is one such GNUism. Can you live with packages being
created without solaris version and release-name?

Otherwise, if we're sticking with GNU Make entirely, we could
get rid of autoconf. Personally, I'd love that.

Ton, Ethan, what do you think? Basic ./configure support could
still work ofcourse, although much of it would be superseded
by rather simple Makefile hackery, akin to what I do in the
Merlin project.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

on peace.

http://p.sf.net/sfu/dell-eql-dev2dev