creating CGI scripts and interacting with existing ones.

Marc Powell lists at xodus.org
Tue Mar 16 15:48:17 CET 2010

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 9:01 AM, Mohammed Murphy <
mohammed.murphy at tandberg.com> wrote:

> Hey there,
>
> I would like to able to write and run my own CGI scripts on the Nagios
> server that would be run by Nagios and have its output displayed as part
> of the Nagios web interface just like the existing CGIs.

Easy enough. Create it, put it in sbin and link to it from share/side.html
or wherever you want to.

> In addition, I would like to able to interact with the pre-installed CGIs,
> for
> instance, by writing a plugin that creates a data file that is then
> used, by say, the histogram.cgi script. Is this possible?

Sure. Anything is possible; the only question is if you are capable. To do
the above, you'd just need to edit histogram.c, add your specific code and
recompile.

> and if not, what other options are there for producing product-specific
> diagrams (on
> existing pages) using Nagios infrastructure?

It depends on what your requirements are. Custom links on share/side.html or
using host/service extended info pages (notes_url) would be simple and might
work for you, for example.

--
Marc
formerly marc /at/ ena.com