Fix for mktime() issue

Ton Voon ton.voon at opsera.com
Mon Mar 15 20:42:06 CET 2010

Hi!

This patch was applied to Nagios Core and was in 3.2.0. I've fixed a
specific problem last year with timeperiods when DST moved back one
hour, but I didn't change the other occurrences of this patch. My
feeling was to get a test case for the specific changes before
reverting the patch.

However, I think there are still some timezone issues (as mentioned by
Mark Frost on nagios-users), so I'm thinking that I should revert the
entire patch and instead say that if you want to add the isdst=-1 in,
then add test cases in.

Opinions?

Ton

On 30 Dec 2008, at 17:36, Albrecht Dreß wrote:

> Hi all:
>
> please find attached to this message a diff against the current cvs
> which fixes a strange issue in Nagios 3.0.6 I discovered a while ago
> [1, 2].  Using it on my Ubuntu Hardy server since then, it seems to
> properly fix the issue.  As always, any comment is welcome!
>
> All the best for a happy, healthy and prosperous new year 2009,
> Cheers,
> Albrecht.
>
> [1] <http://article.gmane.org/gmane.network.nagios.user/58359>
> [2] <http://article.gmane.org/gmane.network.nagios.user/58392>
> <mktime-
> bug
> .diff

Ton Voon
Product Architect

Opsera Limited | Unit 69 Suttons Business Park
Reading | Berkshire | RG6 1AZ | UK

Phone:   +44 (0) 845 057 7887
Mobile:   +44 (0) 7931 365796
Skype:   tonvoon     Email:   ton.voon at opsera.com
www.opsera.com
This e-mail is confidential, intended only for the named recipient(s)
above and may contain information that is privileged and confidential.
If you receive this message in error, or are not the named
recipient(s), please notify the sender at the phone number above, do
not copy this message, do not disclose its contents to anyone, and
delete this e-mail message from your computer. Although Opsera
routinely screens for viruses, addressees should scan this e-mail and
any attachments for viruses. Opsera makes no representation or
warranty as to the absence of viruses in this e-mail or any
attachments. Opsera Limited is registered in the UK under Company
Number 5396532. Our registered office is Gorse View, Horsell Rise,
Woking, Surrey, GU21 4RB.