Host and Services update fonction called twice

Matthieu Kermagoret mkermagoret at merethis.com
Tue Feb 23 14:36:44 CET 2010

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 2:12 PM, Andreas Ericsson <ae at op5.se> wrote:
> On 02/22/2010 04:51 PM, Matthieu Kermagoret wrote:
>> You'll find attached a patch which tries to correct Nagios' behavior.
>> It causes host/service status not to be updated when check is
>> scheduled but only when check results are processed. Is there any
>> weird case that would cause this logic to fail ?
>>

> The patch seems correct, but the description of it isn't. Status
> updates should take place whenever there is a modification to the
> state of the service. This is important, since a GUI needs the
> next_check information (and suchlike) to properly draw the scheduling
> queue. Such updates should ofcourse only come once, so this patch
> is still correct.

Well you're right. What I wanted mean was that it's not in the
schedule_*_check() function anymore.

> Will apply. Thanks.

Oops ! Just wait a second and apply the patch attached to this mail.
Michael Friedrich kindly showed me that with my patch host status'
were still sent twice. This patch correct this behavior with the same
logic as for services.

Best regards,

--
Matthieu KERMAGORET | Développeur

mkermagoret at merethis.com

MERETHIS est éditeur du logiciel Centreon.