Host and Services update fonction called twice

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Tue Feb 23 14:12:24 CET 2010

On 02/22/2010 04:51 PM, Matthieu Kermagoret wrote:
> On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 11:55 AM, Matthieu Kermagoret
> <mkermagoret at merethis.com>  wrote:
>> This issue has been successfully reproduced on Nagios 3.0.6, 3.1.0 and
>> the latest CVS revision with NDOUtils 1.4b7.
>>

> Can still be reproduced with latest Nagios CVS revision. This is now
> the oldest unassigned issue within Nagios' tracker
> (http://tracker.nagios.org/view.php?id=4) :-(
>
> You'll find attached a patch which tries to correct Nagios' behavior.
> It causes host/service status not to be updated when check is
> scheduled but only when check results are processed. Is there any
> weird case that would cause this logic to fail ?

The patch seems correct, but the description of it isn't. Status
updates should take place whenever there is a modification to the
state of the service. This is important, since a GUI needs the
next_check information (and suchlike) to properly draw the scheduling
queue. Such updates should ofcourse only come once, so this patch
is still correct.

Will apply. Thanks.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

on peace.