Config from PostgreSQL

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Tue Dec 7 16:07:03 CET 2010

On 12/07/2010 03:32 PM, Phil Sturgeon wrote:
> Maintaining it would not be an issue. The changes would be tracked in
> a VCS and upgrades are unlikely, but an alternative (cleaner)
> approach would be interesting.
>
> I am brand new to C but have experience with several other languages,
> and have never heard of nagios before yesterday. Could you give me a
> more newb friendly suggestion to your approach?

In that case I'd suggest generating config-files from the database and
letting Nagios load those generated config files. That way you can
write it in whatever language you want and it's easier to test it.
It's also a lot less likely (quite impossible really) to impact Nagios'
stability that way, and the small performance-hit you'll be taking is
a once-per-reload thing that you probably don't have to worry about.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

on peace.