misc ndoutils-1.4b8 remarks

Michael Friedrich michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at
Tue Oct 20 12:54:56 CEST 2009

Hi,

Bernhard Reutner-Fischer wrote the following on 20.10.2009 11:11:

> A few miscellaneous comments for ndoutils from cvs (see Log Message:)
>
> https://www.nagiosforge.org/gf/project/ndoutils_oracle/scmsvn/?action=browse&path=%2F&view=rev&revision=58
I would recommend using not only a return value but also a debug output
using ndo2db_log_debug_info(), e.g.
 ndo2db_log_debug_info(NDO2DB_DEBUGL_PROCESSINFO, 2,
"ndo2db_db_connect() not ok\n");

Either way by checking the db connect/init or within those functions.
But thanks for the hint, I will apply that to IDOUtils.
> https://www.nagiosforge.org/gf/project/ndoutils_oracle/scmsvn/?action=browse&path=%2F&view=rev&revision=73
Also contacts.alias might produce such overflows but it did not
recognize such things.
> https://www.nagiosforge.org/gf/project/ndoutils_oracle/scmsvn/?action=browse&path=%2F&view=rev&revision=85
Mh that's also true but it doesn't matter that much if you quote or do
not quote - only concerning the fact that some %s must not be quoted as
they are subselects/functions.

Kind regards,
Michael

--