Adding a new command to Nagios? (problem solved)

Steven D. Morrey smorrey at ldschurch.org
Thu Oct 1 20:20:19 CEST 2009

So it turns out that the reason I couldn't get my statement to work was two fold, first off apparently it needed a time stamp, and secondly it really needed a carriage return on the end.
So the command really looks like...
/usr/bin/printf "[%lu] DISABLE_PROFILER;ALL\n" $now > $commandfile

I was able to find this out by looking through the old.nagios site, sorry for confusion.

For the record I can now toggle the profilers on and off :)

Sincerely,
Steve

http://p.sf.net/sfu/devconf