Patch RFC - Nagios 3.2 - permanently remove sleep on run_event == FALSE in main loop (events.c) or conditionally remove using nagios.cfg configuration parameter?

Max perldork at webwizarddesign.com
Mon Nov 2 01:13:20 CET 2009

On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 6:49 PM, Christoph Maser <cmr at financial.com> wrote:
> Ok that sounds quite sane. Hm btw. why is line 1115 run_event=FALSE,
> isn't that set already?

Yes, that is a bit of defensive programming I am sure by someone who
wasn't 100% comfortable with the source.  I do not know where the
Nagios core team came up with their syntax style, it is one i have
never seen anywhere else and I find it to be ugly.

> Well that would be really interesting to find and fix. Either by fixing
> nanosleep or by not using it.

Agreed :).  I don't see any other choices except usleep which is
deprecated on the 2.6.x kernel trees, but I am not a  big time C
systems developer so there might be other alternatives.

- Max

http://p.sf.net/sfu/devconference