Patch RFC - Nagios 3.2 - permanently remove sleep on run_event == FALSE in main loop (events.c) or conditionally remove using nagios.cfg configuration parameter?

Christoph Maser cmr at financial.com
Sun Nov 1 23:49:17 CET 2009

Am Sonntag, den 01.11.2009, 23:20 +0100 schrieb Max:
> Keep in mind there are two sleep sections, one that happens when an
> non-runnable event is encountered (that is the one we commented out)
> and another when the schedule is empty (we let that one alone).

Ok that sounds quite sane. Hm btw. why is line 1115 run_event=FALSE,
isn't that set already?

> I have seen that some nanosleep implementations drive the cpu more
> than usleep asw nanosleep can doa busy wait.
>
> No idea why this is the case though on rhel.

Well that would be really interesting to find and fix. Either by fixing
nanosleep or by not using it.

Chris

financial.com AG

Management board/Vorstand: Dr. Steffen Boehnert | Dr. Alexis Eisenhofer | Dr. Yann Samson | Matthias Wiederwach