feature request (unless it already exists)

Jason Dunn binaryred at gmail.com
Wed May 13 19:36:21 CEST 2009

Hi!

Long time nagios user here, just wondering if anyone can help, or if what
I'm thinking doesn't exist, I'd like to see if it's possible to be added in?

I monitor (what I think is) a large number of machines and services, and
would like to be able to view the "Service Status Details" for multiple
hosts, chosen by the search box.  For example, I have several samba servers,
and I would like to be able to view the status for the services for all of
the machines that start with sambasrv.  I have sambasrv1, sambasrv2, etc.  I
would like to be able to search for just 'sambasrv' and have it return the
'Service Status Details' for all of the servers that start with sambasrv.  I
could create a group, but that's a bit overkill for a quick look at a few
machines that have similar names.

Has anyone done this?  Does it exist?  If not, I'd like to request that it
be added in, and I would be more than willing to help, but I'm not a
programmer.

Thanks!
Jason