[Fwd: Patch to display parent hosts in extinfo.cgi]

matthias eble matthias.eble at mailing.kaufland-informationssysteme.com
Wed May 13 16:25:25 CEST 2009

> > Maybe tuning config.cgi to accept host/service names/descriptions
> > would
> > be best. With a nice two column table, overview for single
> > hosts/services would be better. The link could be added to the top
> > left
> > box.
>
> I can't quite picture what you mean. Are you saying that on the /cgi-
> bin/extinfo.cgi?type=1&host=hostname screen, a link is in the top left
> box that is (say) "View Configuration Detail For This Host"?
yup
> This
> would go to extinfo.cgi with a different type id (?) and then print
> all configuration data, including parents, children, contacts and
> contactgroups?

I'd place the logic into config.cgi. That would (if supplied with a
hostname or hostname+service_description argument) print a nice table
including links to parents, contacts, check_command, interval,...

Of course, with the current data structures looking up children will be
painful in large installations.

Javascript + maybe Ajax stuff would be prettier of course, but they
would not fit into the current CGIs' layout.

Matthias