[Fwd: Patch to display parent hosts in extinfo.cgi]

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Wed May 13 14:21:59 CEST 2009

matthias eble wrote:
>>> I'm not so sure about that. Many of our customers have huge switches
>>> with up to a hundred child-host connected to them.
>> I think you could add a table at the bottom of the extinfo.cgi page to
>> list all the children. It's out of the way, but accessible if required.
>
> Maybe tuning config.cgi to accept host/service names/descriptions would
> be best. With a nice two column table, overview for single
> hosts/services would be better. The link could be added to the top left
> box.
>
> Other things like contacts+contactgroups would also be accessible
> easily. As a side effect it would solve
> http://ideas.nagios.org/akira/dtd/1898-3955
>
> I'd be happy to provide a patch.

I'd be happy to accept one, but please note that the CGI's will not
remain the default UI for much longer. Hmm... Even as I say it, I
realize it's been said for quite a long time now. Ah well. It's
your decision what to work on, ofcourse.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

Register now for Nordic Meet on Nagios, June 3-4 in Stockholm
 http://nordicmeetonnagios.op5.org/

on peace.