timzones

Grant Byers grant.byers at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 01:57:43 CET 2009

Hi John,

Great patch!

One thing we really struggle with at my place of work is timezone
support. Ideally, we'd love to be able to run one instance of nagios,
supporting multiple timezones. I have seen people raise the issues &
concerns associated with adding timezone support into the scheduler,
particular for those timezones supporting daylight savings (ie; what
does the scheduler do when we skip foward an hour at beginning of DLS,
or skip backwards an hour at the end, how should times be displayed in
the CGI interface etc.). I think these can have acceptable solutions,
behaviour dependant on configuration options (ie. may be configured to
either run anything that may have been missed when forwarding an hour,
run a check twice when moving backwards an hour, or to ignore, display
timezone offset in CGIs). Your patch at least introduces partial
support, but IMHO would need to be configurable for these circumstances.

Thoughts, suggestions?

Regards,
Grant