Advances servicedependency configuration

Andy Shellam andy-lists at networkmail.eu
Fri Mar 20 00:05:09 CET 2009

Hi,

I'm sure this has been implemented in Nagios 3.  I wrote an on-line
application that generated service dependencies for individual
hosts/services in a group in Nagios 2, and I'm sure I read that was now
no longer an issue in v3.

 From the manual -
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/objecttricks.html#same_host_dependency:

"If you want to create service dependencies for multiple services that
are dependent on services on the same host, leave the
/dependent_host_name/ and /dependent_hostgroup_name/ directives empty."

Is this what you were trying to achieve?

Andy