Antwort: Nagios 3.0.7 release?

Thorsten Tüllmann tuellmann at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de
Thu Jun 25 11:26:12 CEST 2009

Hi,

Sascha.Runschke at gfkl.com wrote:
> 3.2.0 is ante portas and will be the next stable release (soonish).
> The 3.0 branch won't be developed any further as far as I know.

Soonish is kind of a bad word in relation to security. Ethan used to
react on such issues quite fast by releasing minor updates.

I guess we all agree, that those "test fixes" in 3.1 need some time to
grow stable. I would not even consider a 3.2.0 for our production
environment on the day of its release.

The current problem is no big deal for our site, but there might be
severe consequences for other installations.

IMHO it should really be considered to build a release management with
ways to deal with needed out-of-order bugfix releases.

If solely the odd minor versions are developed and maintained the whole
idea of a stable branch gets kind of useless.

my 2ct,
Thorsten