Nagios 3.1.0 issues

Christoph Maser cmr at financial.com
Wed Jan 28 08:30:09 CET 2009

Am Montag, den 26.01.2009, 21:14 +0100 schrieb Bernd Arnold:
> Hi,
>
> some issues relating to the Nagios 3.1.0 release.
>
> The static main .html files were replaced by .php files.
> In order to get this running, you have to install the php
> module for Apache if you don't have it already installed.
>
> Ubuntu:
> sudo apt-get install libapache2-mod-php5
>
> When upgrading from 3.0.6, the static .html files should be
> deleted. Depending on your configuration, your webserver may
> serve the index.html file prior the index.php file, so you'll
> see the old interface with the 3.0.6 version string when
> accessing with http://nagios-server/nagios/.
>
> I had to remove these files: main.html, side.html, index.html.
>
> You can use the following command:
> rm /path/to/nagios/share/{main,side,index}.html
>
> If you have installed Nagios according to the quickstart guide,
> this will help:
> rm /usr/local/nagios/share/{main,side,index}.html

If you use packaging these "issues" just vanish. I build and test a
packge of this version for our testing-repo and it upgraded and worked
without a single thing to change manually

Chris

financial.com AG

Management board/Vorstand: Dr. Steffen Boehnert (CEO/Vorsitzender) | Dr. Alexis Eisenhofer | Dr. Yann Samson | Matthias Wiederwach