Nagios 3.1.0 issues

Bernd Arnold bernd_a at gmx.de
Mon Jan 26 21:14:33 CET 2009

Hi,

some issues relating to the Nagios 3.1.0 release.

The static main .html files were replaced by .php files.
In order to get this running, you have to install the php
module for Apache if you don't have it already installed.

Ubuntu:
sudo apt-get install libapache2-mod-php5

When upgrading from 3.0.6, the static .html files should be
deleted. Depending on your configuration, your webserver may
serve the index.html file prior the index.php file, so you'll
see the old interface with the 3.0.6 version string when
accessing with http://nagios-server/nagios/.

I had to remove these files: main.html, side.html, index.html.

You can use the following command:
rm /path/to/nagios/share/{main,side,index}.html

If you have installed Nagios according to the quickstart guide,
this will help:
rm /usr/local/nagios/share/{main,side,index}.html

I'm running Nagios on Ubuntu, so the commands may vary if you
are running Nagios on different Linux distributions /
operating systems.

Should we mention this in the quickstart and/or upgrade guide?

Regards
Bernd