3.0.6 status map icon display problems

Christoph Maser cmr at financial.com
Mon Jan 5 10:04:15 CET 2009

Am Montag, den 05.01.2009, 01:29 +0100 schrieb
jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com:
> Been discussing this on the users' list...  I recently upgraded to Nagios
> 3.0.6 (from 2.9) via Dag Apt repository for RHEL5.  This is running on a
> CentOS 5 system with all the latest standard repository packages installed.
> Apache version, BTW, is 2.2.3.  Dag RPM is build against GD 2.0.33 (also
> installed as standard RHEL5 package).
>
> Icons displayed just fine in 2.9, but after the upgrade, I just get blank
> boxes as indicated by the attached screen capture.  I don't even get a
> question mark for a host if I have no image associated with it in the hosts
> config file.  To rule out packaging problems or other incompatibility
> issues between the Nagios and GD RPM packages, I compiled from source the
> latest GD libraries (2.0.35) and compiled Nagios 3.0.6 against those
> libaries.  Still no dice.
>

> (Embedded image moved to file: pic17035.jpg)
>

> James Moseley

James

i am the one packaging nagios for rpmforge. I do not have this problem
at all on any installation. Did you properly diff your old config files
versus the ones the new pacakges provides? Is the output of 'rpmverify
nagios' clean? Do you use any other 3rd party yum repositories besides
rpmforge?

Chris

financial.com AG

Management board/Vorstand: Dr. Steffen Boehnert (CEO/Vorsitzender) | Dr. Alexis Eisenhofer | Dr. Yann Samson | Matthias Wiederwach