3.0.6 status map icon display problems

jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com
Mon Jan 5 01:29:15 CET 2009

Been discussing this on the users' list...  I recently upgraded to Nagios
3.0.6 (from 2.9) via Dag Apt repository for RHEL5.  This is running on a
CentOS 5 system with all the latest standard repository packages installed.
Apache version, BTW, is 2.2.3.  Dag RPM is build against GD 2.0.33 (also
installed as standard RHEL5 package).

Icons displayed just fine in 2.9, but after the upgrade, I just get blank
boxes as indicated by the attached screen capture.  I don't even get a
question mark for a host if I have no image associated with it in the hosts
config file.  To rule out packaging problems or other incompatibility
issues between the Nagios and GD RPM packages, I compiled from source the
latest GD libraries (2.0.35) and compiled Nagios 3.0.6 against those
libaries.  Still no dice.

James Moseley