Nagios::StatusLog perl module issue

Duncan Ferguson duncan.ferguson at opsera.com
Thu Feb 5 10:22:33 CET 2009

On 4 Feb 2009, at 23:42, Thomas Guyot-Sionnest wrote:
> On 04/02/09 03:34 PM, shadih rahman wrote:
>>
>> I am trying to parse nagios log using Nagios::StatusLog perl
>> module.  I
>> am getting error while trying to parse.  I am using nagios version
>> 3.0.6.  Any help will be much apreciated.  Thanks
>
> I used it in the past with Nagios 2.x and it was a nightmare -
> needed a
> bunch of fixes to make it barely work (with a bunch of spurious
> warnings
> along the way) and I had to access directly the internal structures to
> get what I wanted. I sent my patches to the maintainer but he never
> responded. I wouldn't even dare to try with 3.0 - consider this
> module dead.

I beg to differ - I have recently taken over maintainership of this
module from Al Tobey and pushed out v0.21.2 (Al wrote 0.21 but never
published it, so I have amended email addresses and such, put in one
or two patches and then released it a few weeks ago).

I have put the code at git://github.com/duncs/perl-nagios-object.git
if anyone wants to clone - I am happy to accept patches to improve the
functionality as long as they include full test and document changes
too.

   Duncs

--
Duncan Ferguson