New Nagios implementation proposal

Edgar Matzinger nagiosdev at edgar-matzinger.nl
Fri Dec 18 16:50:09 CET 2009

Hi Christoph,

On 12/18/09 16:30:59, Christoph Maser wrote:
> Am Freitag, den 18.12.2009, 16:16 +0100 schrieb Marc Powell:
> > On Dec 18, 2009, at 8:59 AM, Christoph Maser wrote:
> >
> > > I really wonder what nagios needs that cannot be done fast enough
> in
> > > java/python/whatever.
> >
> > Core developers that work fluently in that language without
> replacing the entire core development team for one, and that's a big
> reason.
> >

> I guess you purposly missed the point here. It was about execution
> speeds not programming speed. The development speed of nagios cannot

Arghh, before we get into a language war: Java has it's uses and
issues. So does python, perl, C, C++ or whatever. Interpreted languages
are always slower than compiled, although compiled libraries, modules
or whatever, can speed up things considerably (execution time...).

> get
> any slower i think ....

Not much faster (in any language), also.

My $0.02, HTH, cu l8r, Edgar.
--
                                                        ''~``
                                                       ( o o )