Nagios Multithreaded Event Loops Patch is Here (2.x)

Steven D. Morrey smorrey at ldschurch.org
Sat Aug 29 06:56:48 CEST 2009

Hello Everyone,

Sorry it's a bit late at night for those of you who have been waiting on it, but I went to the doctors office today and while waiting I decided to review the source code again.
In the process of reviewing the source code I found a race condition, so I had to fix the condition and test it again.
I've tested this version of the code on my laptop under a VM and it appears to work well, but I've not had a chance to test it at work since I was out all day and couldn't VPN in.
Nevertheless I feel confident in releasing this version into the wild for testing.
It was generated against Nagios 2.7 but I see no reason it wouldn't work against any later version, and with minimal modifications will probably work just fine on 3x as well.
If this version works as expected in testing, I will have a 3x version available as early next week as my schedule will permit.

Disclaimer:  This patch is for testing, debugging and commenting purposes only.  It may very well cause monkeys, cats, dogs and fish to rain out of the sky, your hair may stand on end requiring large amounts of gel to set it back down and/or other devastating events may occur, if you put it into a production system at this time.  Though I am deeply sorry if your server melts or some other major catastrophe occurs as a result of running this software, either directly or indirectly, I assume no responsibility for any such events that may or may not occur.
This patch should be assumed to be radioactive it should be handled with the normal care afforded such materials, and should only be handled by trained professionals in a laboratory environment

On the other hand I do hope you see a major performance improvement :)

Sincerely,
Steven D. Morrey