Multithreaded Nagios Event Loops

Max perldork at webwizarddesign.com
Thu Aug 27 22:23:53 CEST 2009

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 4:10 PM, Steven D. Morrey<smorrey at ldschurch.org> wrote:
> So far so good on this front.
> Previous to mult-threading the loops, my test environment was performing 1.4k checks per hour.
> Now that I've applied the patch and properly protected the macros, I'm at about 8k checks per hour (on a 2 core box with 1GB RAM with "export MALLOC_CHECK_=1" set and using gdb for to watch for trouble)*.
>
> I will let it run for 24 hours under gdb then I'll get a patch for 2.x by end of day friday.
> If it all works and doesn't do anything insane I'll try to have a patch for 3x testers sometime Monday.

Sweet!  Cannot wait to try this out!

We are just migrating to DNX over the next two months, right now we do
about 2000 checks (mix of SNMP 80% + NRPE 15% + 5% other) a minute on
a single poller (dual quad core, 16 GB RAM) but we need more capacity
and HA as thankfully Nagios is catching on here and we are growing. :)

- Max