nrpe RPM spec file patch

SCHAER Frederic frederic.schaer at cea.fr
Tue Aug 25 17:53:55 CEST 2009

Dears,

Attached is a small patch that hopefully you'll take into account.

Its purpose is just to unify NRPE's way of creating nagios user and
group : it is currently creating a system user (using the -r option),
but a standard group (without the -r option)...

So I changed that in the attached patch, and changed a bit the comments
in order to reflect this.

I hope you'll welcome this, but at least you'll be aware of the problem.

Some background for this simple patch :

This is actually a problem for us, because we're installing nrpe on lots
of nodes which contain *lots* of local accounts, all created with a
pre-defined and unified (i.e : same on all hosts) UID/GID.

But when we add users after NRPE was installed, we sometimes run into
the situation when nagios GID is in fact using a GID we'd like to deploy
- and of course if we could be sure RPM install would guarantee the
nagios GID would be < than 499, we'd have no problem since we're not
using system users/groups IDs...

Best regards,

Frederic Schaer

CEA/DSM/IRFU