New project announce: NSCA2

Jose Luis Martinez jlmartinez-lists-nagios-devel at capside.com
Tue Aug 25 18:16:29 CEST 2009

Hi,

    I'm Jose Luis Martinez, from Spain, and have just subscribed to this
list to announce a new project. I've been working with Nagios for some
time now, although indirectly (through the Opsview project). Some of you
may know me from last years Netways Nagios Konferenz.

    The project I'm presenting is: NSCA2. Although called NSCA2, no
backward compatibility between nsca and nsca2 servers and clients is
expected, and consists of a complete rewrite (for the moment in Perl).

    I'm calling out to the Nagios developer community to give me
feedback, test, contribute code, etc. The link for the project is
http://code.google.com/p/nsca2/, where you can also find a description
of the project.

For the moment, you can:

svn checkout http://nsca2.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ nsca2
cd ncsa2
perl Makefile.PL
make
make test

The 'make install' step is not implemented yet, and probably lacking the
ability to do a client install or a server install.

    Thanks in advance for your time and your help. Feel free to contact
me via email for any issue or idea.

Jose Luis Martinez
CAPSiDE
jlmartinez at capside.com