RHEL/CentOS updates

jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com
Wed Aug 19 18:40:14 CEST 2009

Thanks, Andreas.  I have to admit I have a limited understanding of the
communication and processes that go on between developers and package
maintainers.

That said, I would have thought the RHEL/CentOS package maintainer would
have released an update for Nagios 3.0.6 to address the statuswml security
bug in the meantime.

James Moseley

Andreas Ericsson <ae at op5.se> wrote:

The release process works fine. When 3.1 (unstable) hasn't had any new
reports of breakages in a month we cut a stable release from it. That's
a sort of inofficial freeze period right there. We don't have a billion
other projects depending on us, so we don't have to be quite as rigorous
as the gcc in our release process.

That being said, I'll make the final conversion of Nagios to git as soon
as I get 15 minutes of slack-time in my life, which means we'll be able
to cherrypick or merge fixes either which way without any hassle, so it'll
be done extremely easily.