Possible bug in Nagios 2.12?

Steven D. Morrey smorrey at ldschurch.org
Fri Apr 10 17:17:24 CEST 2009

<snip>
> How? Using no delay at all between attempts would be
> rather devastating, since spinlocks eat CPU like mad.
</snip>

<snip>
Stop thinking small.  When you have many thousands of checks
to run, tiny delays persist and add up.  A second here, a
second there, and pretty soon you're talking real time.
</snip>

<snip>
> There's no real design issue.
</snip>

<snip>
The design issue is that delays build up and become very
observable.
</snip>

I've removed the sleep in my version of nagios and throughput difference is DRAMATIC.
That said other things are having a hard time running on the same machine.
I'm going to sprinkle some yields where the sleeps are at and see if that helps, I'll keep you apprised.

Sincerely,
Steve