[Patch] Nagios 3.0.3: extinfo.cgi to show hosts custom vars and parents

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Wed Sep 24 15:28:37 CEST 2008

Marcus Fleige wrote:
> Hi Ethan, hi list,
>
> i had a request here to make the custom variables defined in host
> definitions visible. Thought it might be useful for others too, so here
> is a patch against Nagios 3.0.3 extending the extinfo.cgi to show more
> info. (See screenshot for an example.)

Looks nice, and I can imagine it being useful, depending on what kind
of information you put there. OTOH, I know a lot of people put some
confidential data in their custom variables.

If you amend the patch with the possibility to make displaying the
custom vars configurable from cgi.cfg and let it have a default
value of "off" (ie, don't show custom variables), I'll queue it
for Ethan to review later.

Thanks.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se