eventhandler timeout 3.0.4

Sven Nierlein sven at consol.de
Thu Oct 30 16:49:30 CET 2008

Michael Streb wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I already posted this issue a while ago, see
> "[Nagios-devel] blocking character of event_handlers" on the list.
>
> Regards,
>
> Michael

Ah, i had a look, but didn't found your post before.
Solution #1 doesn't work, if i start my eventhandler
in background, nagios still waits for the eventhandler to
finish.

So, in my opinion, there are 2 problems with eventhandler/notifications.

1. They are executed sequentially and blocking nagios while executed
2. nagios runs amok when the eventhandler gets into an early_timeout
because the main process
    wants to read from the killed pipe in a never ending loop.

I wrote a small patch for the second issue, maybe someone with more c
skills wants to have a look...

Regards,
 Sven