broker call in disable_service_notifications

Marc DeTrano marc at gridshield.net
Wed Oct 8 22:54:08 CEST 2008

I believe I found a bug in commands.c, in : disable_service_notifications

(around line 3540 or so in HEAD).

The call to broker_adaptive_service_data comes before the switch to
svc->notifications_enabled=FALSE.

In enable_service_notifications, enable_host_notifications, and
disable_host_notifications, the switch always comes before the broker is
called.   This  means if you are trying to catch the disabling of
service notifications in a broker module (as I am doing), you have no
way to inspect the value of "notifications_enabled" to determine if this
was just enabled or disabled.

Hope this helps, and thanks for all the great work on Nagios.

Marc DeTrano
Gridshield, S.A.