spec file bug

SCHAER Frederic frederic.schaer at cea.fr
Thu Nov 6 14:28:31 CET 2008

Hi,

I believe there’s a problem in nagios’s spec file.

I just downloaded latest 3.0.5 nagios release (spec file seems unchanged, so why is it said in release notes that there was a minor fix ?), and problem’s still there :

The spec file contains in the %post www section the following :

        if [ "z" == "z$sgrps" ] ; then

                sgrps=%{nsgrp}

        else

                sgrps=$sgrps,%{cmdgrp}

        fi

        # modify apache user, adding it to cmdgrp

        /usr/sbin/usermod -G $sgrps $wwwusr >/dev/null 2>&1

But at the beginning of the spec file, we have :

%define nsgrp nagios

%define cmdgrp nagiocmd

So,

This results in apache being added :

-          to nagios group if apache had no supplementary group at first. This prevents CGI commands from working, because cmd file is owned by nagios:nagioscmd

-          to nagioscmd group if apache was member of other groups – CGIs work

Can the line “sgrps=%{nsgrp}” be changed to “sgrps=%{cmdgrp}” in future releases ?

Thanks && regards

Frederic Schaer

Tel. : +33 1 69 08 99 25

Fax : +33 1 69 08 31 47

CEA, IRFU, SEDI, Centre de Saclay, F-91191 Gif Sur Yvette, France