cfg_dir recursive?

Jo Rhett jrhett at netconsonance.com
Sat May 3 22:00:53 CEST 2008

On May 3, 2008, at 11:13 AM, Anthony Montibello wrote:
> Recursive Has been around for years, I was using it on version 1.2
> currently I am using it with Nagios  3.0a1

Given that you used Recursive as a noun, is this an option that needs
to be enabled?

> I have the following line in my nagios.cfg
>  cfg_dir=/usr/local/nagios/etc/servers
>
> in this directory I have up to 3 directories deep with some non cfg
> files as
> well as some empty directories and it is getting everything it should.
>
> Could the problem be  Permissions not allowing the nagios user?
> or could the problem correlate to the verion of Linux/Unix you are
> running?

If it was permissions then it wouldn't read the subdirs just fine
when I specified them explicitly.  And no, the directories are all 755.

I'm using FreeBSD 6.2-REL.  There's nothing about FreeBSD that would
prevent recursion in subdirectories.

--
Jo Rhett
and other randomness