NDOutils patches to 1.4b7

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Thu Mar 13 17:29:34 CET 2008

Hi Herbert,

On 13 Mar 2008, at 15:32, Herbert Straub wrote:

> Ton Voon wrote:
>> We've just blogged about patches to NDOutils, due to Solaris 10
>> issues. This was sponsored work by Michael Prochaska. Details up
>> online: http://altinity.blogs.com/dotorg/2008/03/ndoutils-on-sol.html
>>
>> Ethan, any chance of evaluating these for a new release?

> I think the configure.in patch is already in CVS, see
>
> http://nagios.cvs.sourceforge.net/nagios/ndoutils/configure.in?r1=1.9&r2=1.10
>
> Also Makefile.in:
> http://nagios.cvs.sourceforge.net/nagios/ndoutils/Makefile.in?r1=1.2&r2=1.3
>
> This was a compiling issue on Centos 5 (2008-01-08):
> http://src.linuxhacker.at/patches/ndoutils-1.4b7-better_mysql_detection.patch
> Ethan removed the Postgresql part.

I did say in the blog that "it looks like it is included in CVS" :)

There aren't any nightlies linked off the nagios.org site, so I based
the patches off 1.4b7 instead.

> I think, the last part include/config.h.in (change mysql/mysql.h to
> mysql.h) doesn't work on Centos, because the location of mysql.h is
> /usr/include/mysql/mysql.h

Which bit do you mean here?

I would have thought it should always be mysql.h, rather than mysql/
mysql.h because mysql_config --include should point to the directory
holding mysql.h. Could it be that mysql_config is set incorrectly in
the Centos distribution?

Ton

http://www.altinity.com
UK: +44 (0)870 787 9243