Extending Nagios Beyond Monitoring

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Tue Mar 4 00:05:25 CET 2008

Just 0.02...

Appropriate plugins and event handlers would have to be created. The
thing about dedicated existing configuration management systems such as
cfengine is that the work to detect standard variations (file existence,
modification, etc), i.e. the role of nagios plugins, is already done and
admins just need to create the event handler part. Nagios plugins exist
for many of the same tests but the event handlers and nice documentation
to tie it all together don't exist.

--
Marc