Embedded sounds in Nagios 3

Jonathan Clarke jclarke at linagora.com
Mon Jul 21 16:21:08 CEST 2008

Hi,

Larry Low a écrit :
> My original suggestion was to use audio/wav but application/x-wav was
> implemented.
>
> As far as I can tell there is no actual IANA registration for
> audio/wav so audio/x-wav would be the proper one.
>
> If it is not working in Firefox it is most likely due to you not
> having a plugin installed to handle it.  Try Quicktime.

"audio/x-wav" does seem to be the correct mime type. Changing this in
the Nagios source code makes the alert sound play correctly on IE on
Windows.

However, in Firefox on Windows with the Quicktime plugin (thanks for
that tip), another parameter is needed for the sound to start
automatically: param "autostart" must be set to "true", not to "1".

With these two modifications, I find the sound plays automatically on
all tested navigators on both Windows and Linux. Success! :)

Please find attached a new patch which incorporates these changes,
aswell as the typo fixed I mentioned in my first message.

Regards,
Jonathan
--
Jonathan Clarke

Open Source Software Assurance (OSSA) - Groupe LINAGORA
27 rue de Berri, 75008 Paris
Tél: 01 58 18 68 28, fax: 01 58 18 68 29
http://www.linagora.com - http://www.08000linux.com