DNX patch for Nagios 3.0 rc2

Alex Howells astinus at gentoo.org
Tue Jan 29 21:47:46 CET 2008

On 1/29/08, John Calcote <john.calcote at gmail.com> wrote:
> I realize you're probably still looking over my changes to 3.0 rc1. But
> I had to post a patch for rc2 on the dnx-devel list so that people
> wanting to play with dnx on nagios 3 could move ahead with rc2.
>
> Since you didn't take the critical portions of my rc1 patch, I assume
> you have some issues with it. No doubt, I broke something.
>
> I've attached the rc2 version of my patch (same design). I'll continue
> to wait for your comments.

I'm quite a fan of the DNX stuff, conceptually, although I've not had
a chance to play with it in production / testing yet. It certainly
seems to scale better than the existing architecture.

+1 for the hope this eventually gets merged properly.

Don't suppose you guys have a decent interface up your sleeves too? :P
  Scaling the stock CGI interface to multiple users/groups each seems
*very* difficult; all the links are static and it's just begging
someone to write it in PHP, Ruby on Rails, or something.