NDO Issue

Valdinger, Stephen (DOV, MSX) svalding at doverchem.com
Fri Jan 18 21:58:40 CET 2008

I'm running NDO 1.4b6 and Nagios 2.10. For the longest time things were
running great, and I was actively using the data stored by the ndo2db
daemon in the database to power NagVis. Today however, things started
not working. Nothing has changed on the system, as I'm the only one who
uses it! I've troubleshot, but to no avail. When I try to start up the
ndo2db daemon with ndo2db -c /usr/local/Nagios/etc/ndo2db.cfg it creates
TWO ndo2db daemons. I think this is the screw up, because nagvis reports
Nagios as not running, when in fact ps -ef | grep Nagios proves it is!
Any help out there for this issue?

Stephen Valdinger

Dover Chemical Corporation

MIS Helpdesk Guru

330.365.3622

stephen.valdinger at doverchem.com

"Spiderpig, Spiderpig, does whatever a Spiderpig does! Can he swing,
from a web? No he can't, he's a pig. Look out! He is a Spiderpig!!