nrpe RPM spec file bug(s)

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Thu Jan 10 13:02:08 CET 2008

SCHAER Frederic wrote:

> I don't mind creating my own specfile now that I know what went wrong
> last time I installed plugins - actually I did create one as this UID
> thing was no option for me -, and I was sharing this experience. You
> could say I can create user accounts before RPMs are installed, but
> actually it's more complicated for me than having the RPM scripts do it
> ;)

I believe that's the case for most large organisations that have a wide
array of RPM-based systems.

> So, you seem to agree with me the missing "-r" option is a bug at least
> for redhat systems spec file, don't you ?

Not really, no. The spec-file should be portable enough to work just
about everywhere. If you need a specific UID to be set to the same for
every computer you want to install the RPM on, you really need to make
sure that it ends up that way on your own.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

just about anything Open Source.