Nagios 3.0 RC2: Segmentation faults after starting

Christian Schneemann cschneemann at suse.de
Thu Feb 14 16:57:37 CET 2008

On Thursday February 14 2008 04:42:41 pm Ethan Galstad wrote:
> Christian Schneemann wrote:

> >> Ok... digging the nose.
> >>
> >> Please show us:
> >>
> >> * su - nagios (or whatever your nagios user is named)
> >> * ls -la of your /var/spool/nagios/
>
> [snip]
>
> >> Hendrik
> >
> > And here some more background info:
> > nagios is compiled with --enable-embedded-perl and embedded perl is
> > deactivated in thte nagios.cfg.
> >
> > If I enable it in the nagios.cfg nagios runs fine without segfaulting. Do
> > you have any ideas?
>
> Strange.  What if you recompile the Nagios daemon without embedded perl?
>   Does it segfault then?  I would think enabled embedded Perl would
> cause more problems than not...

Oh yes, I forgot to say that it does not segfaulting if it is compiled without
embedded-perl. I just runs fine

embedded perl compiled in and enabled embedded perl-> running fine
embedded perl compiled in and deactivated embedded perl -> segfault
embedded perl not compiled in -> running fine

See the mail from Olaf Dabrunz.. (the mail is waiting for moderatorating)

> Ethan Galstad
> Nagios Developer
> ___
> Email: nagios at nagios.org