Host stuck in scheduled downtime

Stevens, Michael Michael_Stevens at affymetrix.com
Wed Feb 13 17:38:01 CET 2008

Greetings,

I am running Nagios 3.0rc2 on a Solaris 10 server.  I recently scheduled
downtime for a host, which never expired:

2008-02-07 17:49:57] HOST DOWNTIME ALERT: ux100;STARTED; Host has
entered a period of scheduled downtime
External Command[2008-02-07 17:49:56] EXTERNAL COMMAND:
SCHEDULE_HOST_DOWNTIME;ux100;1202435377;1202442577;0;0;2700;Mike
Stevens;fix n/w issue

The downtime should expire at around 18:35, but it did not:

[2008-02-07 19:34:48] Auto-save of retention data completed
successfully.

	February 07, 2008 18:00

Informational Message[2008-02-07 18:34:48] Auto-save of retention data
completed successfully.

I had to restart Nagios to clear the problem.  This seems similar to a
problem that was reported about a year ago in 2.7.

I'll play around with this a bit to see if I can recreate the issue.  If
anyone has any specific information they need, I'll be happy to provide
it.

--
Mike

This transmission is intended for the sole use of the individual
and entity to whom it is addressed, and may contain information
that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under
applicable law. You are hereby notified that any use,
dissemination, distribution or duplication of this transmission by
someone other than the intended addressee or its designated agent
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in
error, please notify the sender immediately by reply to this
transmission and delete it from your computer. Thank You.
Affymetrix, Inc.