Split the NDO like the archive- and status-files

Joerg Linge pitchfork at ederdrom.de
Tue Feb 12 14:09:08 CET 2008

Am Dienstag, 12. Februar 2008 13:51 schrieb Bjoern Richter:
> Hi Hendrik,
>
> thats nice, at least I'm not the only one whos thinking about this as a
> good idea.
>
> I don't think that a new *.sql file would be the complete solution for
> this. Because the tabels with the HEAP-Engine would be lost if the
> Nagios-Server goes down. That's why I mentioned earlier a backup of the
> status-data in the (INNODB-PART) of the NDO.
> I realy think that the NDO should be splitted up into 2 seperate DBs.
> This could also be the soltion for the restart problems of Nagios with
> NDO-DB greater than 5 GB.

I dont agree with this.
There are some tables storing only current staus data.
These tables are filled by ndomod.o on startup und so they can kept in HEAP Tables.
Historical data can stored in INNODB or MYISAM Tables.

I use NDO only for NagVis.
My data_processing_option defined in ndomod.cfg are customized to store only the current host an service states.
On my setup the ndo database contains 20000 rows and allocate 30 MB of ram.

Kind regards
Joerg