Split the NDO like the archive- and status-files

Bjoern Richter b.richter at itnovum.de
Tue Feb 12 13:51:34 CET 2008

Hi Hendrik,

thats nice, at least I'm not the only one whos thinking about this as a
good idea.

I don't think that a new *.sql file would be the complete solution for
this. Because the tabels with the HEAP-Engine would be lost if the
Nagios-Server goes down. That's why I mentioned earlier a backup of the
status-data in the (INNODB-PART) of the NDO.
I realy think that the NDO should be splitted up into 2 seperate DBs.
This could also be the soltion for the restart problems of Nagios with
NDO-DB greater than 5 GB.

best reguards

Bjoern Richter