Patch for Circular Paths (new algo) 70s->0.007s :)

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Fri Feb 1 10:35:56 CET 2008

nap wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I finish my patch for the host path part. I try to folow the
> indentation and the coding style of nagios.

It looks a lot better now. For extra points, remove the hunks that
only insert whitespace changes.

> you can find test files with a lot of parent/childs at
> http://zegabes.free.fr/nagios/ .

What's lacking from that place is the objects.cache using the old
code and one generated using the new one, especially with multiple
parents, as well as a diff between them so one can see what, if any,
the differences are.

> I try to generate a big configuration for service dependencies (4000
> dependencies) but it's ok (0.2s). So I don't know if I'vegot to check
> it if it's already ok. Someone got problem with this check or it's was
> just with host path check?

0.2 seconds for 4k services seems to indicate that you either aren't
chaining the dependencies or that Nagios is cheating and not verifying
it properly. For unchained dependencies, practically any algorithm
would do reasonably well.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se