Nagios process state not updated?

Wim Fournier hsmade at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 15:43:16 CET 2008

Hi all,

I just had the situation where nagios had crashed, the pid file still
being there and my nagios web GUI telling me nagios was still running!
I had a look in the source and found that the variable
nagios_process_state is tested but never set to anything else than
STATE_OK.
Is this a bug or do I understand this whole nagios_process_state handling wrong?

Wim Fournier